‘I’ll be back’ is top movie quote Arnold Schwarzenegger has terminated the opposition to top a British poll to find the most memorable movie line of all time.
The actor-turned-politician’s famous line from The Terminator – “I’ll be back” – picked up 16 per cent of votes, beating Clark Gable’s “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn” from the American Civil War epic Gone With The Wind.
Other popular lines included “May the force be with you” from Star Wars and Humphrey Bogart’s immortal “Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine” from the wartime classic Casablanca.
The poll of 2000 people, commissioned by Sky’s UK movie streaming service NOW TV, also asked film fans to pick a recent quote they think will live on in cinema history and almost a third (32.65 per cent) went for the line “With great power comes great responsibility” from Spider-Man.
“The research shows that movies have become a fundamental part of our everyday lives,” NOW TV’s Simon Creasey said.
“Following this research, it will be interesting to see how many of us are able to catch our friends, family and colleagues using movie quotes in everyday conversation.”
Top 10 Most Memorable Movie Quotes:
1. “I’ll be back.” The Terminator – 16 per cent
2. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” Gone With The Wind – 15 per cent
3. “Houston, we have a problem.” Apollo 13 – 8.8 per cent
4. “May the force be with you.” Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope – 8.4 per cent
5. “My mamma always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.'” – Forrest Gump – 6.05 per cent
6. “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” Dirty Dancing – 5.8 per cent
7. “Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.” Casablanca – 4.75 per cent
8. “There’s no place like home.” The Wizard Of Oz – 4.2 per cent
9. “Here’s Johnny.” The Shining – 4.15 per cent
10. “No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die.” Goldfinger – 4.15 per cent
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲学校.